Friday, April 15, 2011

Singapore for a Day


Oh my goodness. I just walked back into my cabin and I am exhausted and confused.  I think I just spent a dreamy day in the future.  Singapore is the coolest place ever! We only had one day here and it is quite a bummer that we had so little time, but we managed to do so much!  We started off the day in China town, got some coffee and then had a collectic breakfast of shared Asian dishes in a vast food court.  We did a lot of other stuff too but my brain is not functioning to remember it all.

Incredible thing #1 about Singapore-the FOOOOD.  They have everything type of Asian food and its everywhere.  I don’t think Ive ever tried so much food and all of it was so good and interesting. 
#2-SHOPPING, Singapore is basically a huge shopping mall.  All the subways are malls and everything is so nice. 
#3 Architecture-unreal, every building is so unique and crazy looking
#4 Cleanliness and order.  Maybe it is b/c they have fines for spitting out gum, eating or drinking on the subway, Jaywalking,
#5 Is this real?  A question that I kept asking myself all throughout the day.  We ended our day with a visit to the Marina Bay hotel.  We say this hotel earlier in the day as we were walking through the city.  We were like is that a ship skyscraper??  A long ship-like structure is the top of three huge skyscrapers, connecting them with one major hub.  We thought that there must be a pool up there.  Singapore is known for beautiful infinity pools at the top of building and skyscrapers.  When we got to the top of the hotel, floor 57, my jaw dropped.  We got a complete view of the city and ocean full 360 degrees.  The endless pool reached the length of the hotel; it was a resort of its own at the top.  The infinity pool looked out over the entire city of Singapore.  We had a great view from the outdoor bar that we described as Adult Disneyland.  It was pretty cool, I felt like I was on top of the world, at the coolest place ever, and in the future.  What made the evening even better was that we were chatting it up with the CEO and country representatives for Budwiser.  I had one of the best beers I have ever tasted. 

Today was unreal, I dont know how to write about this except say that it was so cool.  Don’t be intimidated by my vocabulary okay. Haha I need to go to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment