Tuesday, March 29, 2011

jenny's in china!

Heyyyy all, its been a while since I last published a post. I am actually writing this from my phone, on a bus, in beijing. I ran out of the few internet minutes that I had on the ship and with time flying by its been hard to post. I will have to include my posts from india, Singapore, Vietnam, and Cambodia when I get some internet time with my computer. Its all been so amazing and I have many good stories to share.
As for now, I will clue you in with what's going on. I've been in china for the past 4 days. We ported in hong kong on Saturday and I left for beijing the following day. Hong kong was awesome, I spent the day wandering the city with a great group of girlfriends. We shopped, got acupressure treatment, visited Victoria's peak, and ended the day with a fantastic dinner at lookout peak. My friend Meredith and I went out to the bars and found ourselves at the biggest celebration of the year in hong kong. People from all over the world come out for rugby sevens. It was wild, a street party with all types of foreigners dressed in crazy costumes. We had the great time, best night of the voyage thus far. I somehow managed to get up for my flight in the morning and off to ;beijing I went!
My china trip through sas is a university exchange program at tsinghua university supposedly the harvard of china. Unfortunately, with some poor planning on their part the university didn't get the memo that we were coming. I haven't met any chinese students yet but I've done a lot of cool things like hike the great wall, visit a jade factory, summer palace, temple of heaven, forbidden city, and tienanmen square. Tonight we are going to an an acrobatic show!

So I will probably post more updates from my phone now that I've figure this out. Look forward to hearing from me more often!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment