Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cape Town, South Africa!


So amazing. I will to return to South Africa someday, I have to!  Five days in Cape Town is not enough for a place of infinite beauty and activities.  The word to describe Cape Town is rich.  Rich in its natural beauty-coastline, mountains, wine lands, its array of gourmet fresh food and wine, the variety of animals-baboons, penguins at the beach, sharks, and blend of cultures.  There is not much I can say to give it justice.  My only piece of advice is that you have to go and experience it yourself. 

Kind of brief, but here is what I did in Cape Town:
Day 1: Double Decker Tour bus around the city, hiked Lion’s Head to watch sunset over Atlantic ocean and full moon rise over the city
Day 2: Full Day trip to Cape Point: Breakfast market-every type of food, artisan, best food market I have ever witnessed, Simon’s Town, penguins at Boulder Beach, Cape of Good Hope-splashed/soaked at point where Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet, played soccer with locals at beach on way back
Day 3: Brunch, World Cup Stadium-they wouldn’t let us inside b/c they were cleaning up from U2 concert, church at Hillsong, Camps Bay at night-mountainside, beach, clubs and bars
Day 4: Hiked Table Mountain-ended up hiking with Rastafarian from Ivory Coast named Tiger, shopping, wandering
Day 5: Wine Tasting. Shout out to Sam Pompei who totally hooked it up!  Sam worked at Speir winery and set up a complementary VIP tasting for my friends and me.  It was the perfect day, absolutely amazing-great wine, friends, and food at one of the most beautiful places.  Great conclusion to my visit in Cape Town!

No comments:

Post a Comment